Jesus is leading the children in North Tulsa, please come follow Him
For 11 weeks this summer, teenagers and children will be able to follow Jesus as He leads them to a closer walk with Him. That includes a relationship with Him, learning and knowing His character, understanding His heart for others, and taking tangible steps to show the love of God to those in nursing homes, low-income apartment complexes, homeless shelters, medical centers, and a host of other sites in North Tulsa that need a touch of Jesus Christ through children whose hearts are turned towards Him.
You can be a part of this summer by sending your financial support, your prayers, your youths as teen leaders, and other resources, supplies and equipment you have in your possession.
With an ultimate goal of reaching hundreds with the love of Jesus Christ through children who are often only looked at as “poor and needy” themselves, we invite you to join the children on a journey that includes:
- A comprehensive walk through the Bible in 48 lessons
- Daily prayer for the children, by the children and with the children
- Reading literacy lessons that improve grade levels while renewing their minds with the Word of God
- Missions project planning, preparing and implementing on-site to one another, in nearby neighborhoods and throughout the community
- Invitations to parents to join the children in this walk with God that goes from Sunday to Friday each week
- Worship of God that seeks to thank, honor and glorify God in the chapel and in the community
- Meal distribution throughout the neighborhoods of North Tulsa that include healthy food distribution, gospel messages, door-to-door prayer and invitations to be a part of a servant Christian community
- Field trips at fun and educational locations around Tulsa led by the Christians at those sites who share with the children how God has led their lives and prepared them for their life calling
- Fitness rotations that are combined with God’s Word to encourage the children to strengthen their mind, body and spirit
- Arts & crafts projects that empower the children to put their creativity into gospel pizza box messages that will deliver the children’s homemade healthy pizza into the homes of low-income families
Do you want to be a part of this?
Sponsor a child. For $15 a day, you can support a child to be a part of this one-of-a-kind summer-long missions opportunities for North Tulsa children. This includes 3 meals for a child who wouldn’t otherwise eat, transportation to camp and field trips, missions projects, etc.
Become a volunteer. Want to be a disciple group leader for the summer? Want to spend a week? Want to come for a day? You pick the impact you want to make. Rotation leaders, field trip chaperones, teachers, cooks, gardeners, basketball players, arts and crafts designers, missionaries … there’s room for everyone!
Run a Collection Drive. Children’s Bibles, sports equipment, coin collection jars, food & drinks, cleaning supplies, worship CDs, vegetable plants, paper goods, gas cards, arts & crafts supplies, and other summer-camp items are needed. Full collection lists are available.
Call, email, give online, or come visit us today to help us prepare today’s North Tulsa children to develop a closer walk with God as Jesus leads them to be fully devoted Christian servants:
- Camp Director Ashley WaitkusYouthWorks@tulsacan.org918-851-6343
- Children & Youth Pastor Chris Beachcbeach@tulsacan.org918-734-0471
- Click the DONATE button this page
Anchor site location for YouthWorks:
- 2750 North Martin Luther King Jr BlvdTulsa, Oklahoma 74106